The amendment of the Trademark Law was passed on May 9, 2023.The details are as follows:
- Trademark agent shall pass the trademark professional ability certification examination or have engaged in trademark examination work for a certain period of time, and apply for registration and complete on-the-job training every year before he can practice trademark business. (Article 6,12)
- Applicant can state the reason obtain the right immediately. Applicant pay the accelerated examination fee; the trademark agency will conduct an accelerated examination. The examination is expected to be completed within 2 months. (Article 19,94,104)
- The importer/exporter submits a certificate of non-infringement; the trademark owner shall apply for seizure within 3 working days of notification. Simplify the procedures for border protection measures, if the importer/exporter does not provide a certificate of infringement, the customs may adopt a temporary No release measures. (Article 75)
- Expand the subject scope of trademark applications. The legally established unincorporated groups, legally registered sole proprietorship or partnership firms can be qualified as trademark applicants and obtain the right of litigation. (Article19.3,99).
- "Indicative Fair Use" clearly regulates the fair use of trademarks. Such as, advertising signs providing mobile phone repair services, and using the trademarks of each mobile phone as an indication of the mobile phone brand provides services. (Article 36)